EDUCATION + EVENTS
Call for Speaker Submissions
We are looking for dynamic speakers to deliver innovative and informative educational talks to our chapter members. Proposals may be submitted twice yearly, generally in March and in September.
ICF Vancouver Island is a charter chapter of the International Coaches Federation (ICF) committed to advancing the art, science and practice of professional coaching. The ICF definition of professional coaching is available on the ICF website.
The chapter includes 140 + members across Vancouver Island, Victoria and the Gulf Islands.
Our Purpose as a coaching culture is to nurture, serve and expand our profession both globally and within ICF Vancouver Island. Our commitment is to raise awareness for our profession: building bridges to create powerful and inclusive groups of coaching professionals committed to the vision of helping people live meaningful and productive lives.
We are an interdependent community of professionals who are committed to the ICF core values of integrity, excellence, collaboration and respect and the ICF core coaching competencies. Our commitment includes modeling coaching excellence, as well as advancing public awareness about professional coaching. We serve people at all levels ranging from individuals and groups to organizations, communities and the global community.
Our events recognize members for professional excellence, enable members and other professionals to network, and provide opportunities for continuous learning through webinars, meetings, and in-person workshops.
- WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our Ideal In-Person/Webinar Speaker will offer presentations that are relevant and exciting to professional coaches, organizational practitioners, and coaches-in-training. We welcome inviting speakers who challenge the status quo, are interactive with the audience, and hold space for deeper conversation.
Our Ideal Webinar Speaker is someone comfortable with facilitating group discussions in an on-line environment, has in-depth knowledge and experience of the topic area, and is able to assess challenges presented, while providing answers, tips and solutions. Webinars are typically 60-90 minutes in duration.
Topic Areas of interest to our members include (but not limited to):
- ICF Core Competencies – Mastery
- Group/Team Coaching
- Use of Coaching Tools/Assessments
- Building/Marketing/Running a Coaching Business
- Coaching Challenges and Trends
- Other – Please explain how the topic would benefit our members.
What’s in this for you?
- 1 free banner ad on ICF Vancouver Island website and Facebook page (event registration is managed by the Events Director through Eventbrite)
- Visibility and exposure to our ICF Vancouver Island chapter membership as well as other professional alliances
- Real-time feedback/input to your presentation from attendees
Please note we are a non-profit organization and due to a limited budget, we do not pay for speakers or their travel or other costs.
- PREPARING YOUR PROPOSAL
The information below is also available on the ICF Vancouver Island website under the Events tab, Become a Chapter Event Speaker.
- Review the ICF Definition of Coaching on the ICF website, which is the WHAT of ICF coaching;
- Review the ICF Core Competencies and the ICF Ethics & Standards on the ICF website – these define the HOW of ICF coaching;
- Determine how your presentation can best address the professional development needs of our members within the contexts of these.
- Please ensure that your presentation focuses on education and learning rather than promotion or marketing of your business/product.
- ICF CCEU’s – please indicate if you have delivered this presentation to other ICF chapters and previously received ICF approved CCEU’s. If your proposal is accepted and you do not have pre-approved CCEU’s we will work with you to initiate a chapter request to ICF Global on your behalf.
- Complete the *Speaker Proposal Form;
- Email your completed proposal submission to: Director of Events by the submission deadline (see When to Submit, below)
* We will be reviewing numerous proposals and a consistent format allows us to appropriately review and assess your proposal. Proposals that are submitted in a different format will be returned.
What to Submit:
- Completed Speaker Proposal Form
- Attach a JPEG professional photo
- Provide suggested dates for availability
When to Submit:
- We are issuing a Call for Submissions twice a year in March and September.
- The deadlines for submissions are March 31st and September 30th.
- Please email your completed proposal submission to the Director of Events.
- AFTER YOUR PROPOSAL IS RECEIVED
We will acknowledge receipt of your proposal within five business days and will respond with our decision regarding your proposal within 30 days of the closing date for submissions.
Our review will consider individual merit, the needs of our organization, and the balance of the program content.
- Presentation meets ICF guidelines for training
- Topic addresses challenges currently faced by coaches and suggests ways they could address them
- Proposal offers an innovative topic and challenges the thinking of the audience
- Presenter respects our commitment to minimize self-promotion or product sales
- Educational Value
- Speaker addresses needs of all coach experience levels
After acceptance of your proposal we will send you more specific information pertinent to scheduling your presentation.
Please contact our Director of Events, ICF Vancouver Island Chapter.
Thank you for supporting our ICF Chapter!