Since our Annual General Meeting in January our newly elected board have been diligently embracing their new roles. We held our Strategic Planning Meeting on March 11th, and as seems to be the way with coaches, we quickly discovered the powerful synchronicity of our personalities and skills sets. This year our team embodies, heart, genius, joy, power, playfulness, collaboration and drive! A huge shout out to Delaney Tosh of Surge Strategies who generously volunteered her time to facilitate our strategy session. She was artful in guiding our conversation, creating an amazing space for our creativity and enthusiasm while keeping us on track.
Our commitment this year is to capitalize on the strong foundation previous years’ boards have worked so hard to set and to further the strategic goals of the Chapter in each of the areas identified in the diagram.
Having just arrived home from attending the ICF Global Leaders Forum in Charlotte, North Carolina, I was excited to communicate ICF’s vision for coaches worldwide and ensure that our own strategies were in alignment with the great work ICF is currently doing to maintain a solid direction, presence and professional voice for coaches.
It was truly inspiring to listen to the amazing projects that Chapters around the world have undertaken and even more inspiring to hear how ICF Coaches are having a huge impact in communities everywhere.
Here is a sneak peek at some of our goals for 2016/2017:
Strong Community Presence
- A “Coaching In Community Project”. A project that has us collaborating with other Chapters, offering pro bono coaching to those who work directly with refugees. This could include members of the United Nations, Doctors Without Borders and/or resettlement workers assisting the refugees to settle into our communities.
What this means to you… An opportunity to participate, coach, practice your skills, network, collaborate with other coaches and professionals while making a difference.
Multi-Channel and Strategic Communications
- Improving upon our communications to you our members and to continue to be the voice and standard for coaching excellence in the public eye.
What this means to you… You will be better informed of upcoming events and opportunities to participate within our coaching community. The Chapter voice will be heard across multiple channels, mixed media and throughout the region via other professional associations.
- Everywhere, all the time our Board will seek out opportunities for our Members to represent:
- Clarity – ICF Coaches worldwide set the standard for excellence
- Consistency – ICF Coaches worldwide reliably embody excellence
- Constancy – ICF Coaches worldwide are faithful, dependable and enduring
What this means to you… By providing high quality, relevant education for our coaches and creating events that connect our members with our consumers and collaborative professional organizations we strategically position our Coaches in the marketplace.
- Ensuring that the policies, procedures and the actions of our board continue to serve you, our members, with an eye on strength, expansion and continuity.
- Document Management strategies, policies and procedures continue to be updated and created
- We stay abreast of changes to our profession
- Updating and amending our By-Laws in accordance with changes to the Society Act
What this means to you… Confidence knowing that you belong to a strong Chapter whose board members are committed and accountable.
Vibrant and Engaged Membership
- Affordable events that are relevant, provide CCE’s and are accessible to all of our members. (EG: Parksville, Saltspring Island, Nanaimo)
- Programs, webinars and speakers that contribute to your business development and every aspect of your well being whether you are an Executive Coach and/or Life Coach.
- Networking opportunities to share best practices and create connection.
What this means to you… Happy, thriving coaches create happy, thriving clients!
My personal commitment this year is to see more coaches thriving in their practices and/or roles as coaches. I also see the opportunity to collaborate and integrate with other professional associations while giving back to our communities. It is going to be another fantastic year and I’m honoured to be leading the way as President.
Tracey Burns, PCC