Date(s) - 22/02/2021
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
CCEUs: 1.0 Core Competency + 0.5 Resources Development
About this Event
Coaches will learn how to help their clients build the skill of creating positive habits for measurable change.
Habits are our brain’s go-to tool to tackle almost any goal or task, which is why helping your clients get in the driver’s seat of their habit-making machinery can be a game-changer. You’ll walk away with everything you need to help your clients know to start making measurable change. Just like learning how to play the piano, learning how to form positive habits is a skill set.
- Why the key to knocking out habits is building them sequentially, not simultaneously
- How to use proven methods like “habit stacking” and “habit tracking” to make or break any habit
- Why keeping your client motivated is easy with one small tweak
- How motivation often follows action, rather than preceding it
- How making “smallifying” their habits can be the game-changer you and your coaching client have been looking for
- Participants will be able to walk their clients through a habit planning process and be their guide as they flexibly implement the plan.
- Participants will receive a deep understanding of the latest science of behaviour change, including the neuroscience behind such change as well as how to support their clients through the setbacks and obstacles of the first two months of habit implementation.
- They’ll also walk away with the ability to help their clients apply concrete tools in their life such as habit tracking, habit stacking, and how implementing new evidence-based tools to break bad habits such as “Adding Friction” and “Habit Substitution” will increase their clients’ skills and confidence at effectively changing their own behaviours.
About the Facilitator
James Garrett is a brain coach, brainhacker, and founder of Brain by Design. He’s spoken on stages ranging from Harvard to TEDx and his work has been featured by The New York Times, FastCompany, and Harvard Business Review. He spent years doing research with some of the best psychologists in the world at Columbia, Tufts, and Yale. He’s a content creator and course builder and his course on the science of coaching has been rated as one of the best courses for coaches and is currently certified by ICF for continuing coach education credits.
He’s a certified coach through the Whole Fit coaching program, and also built one of the only brain-based positive psychology curricula in the Middle East and trained thousands of Arab youth in partnership with Queen Rania of Jordan. A rare combination of scientist, trainer, and entrepreneur, in 2019 James launched the Deep Change Project, a personal journey to discover what’s possible at the outer edges of neuroplasticity and to overcome fear.