This workshop presented by Laurie Hillis, MA, PCC is based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, New York Times bestselling author. We’ll explore the three elements of the Rising Strong™ process: The Reckoning, The Rumble and The Revolution. Through this process we examine the power of the stories that we tell ourselves and learn how to write daring new endings.
The session has been designed for coaches, leaders and people who are interested in awakening their own and other’s curiosity about emotions and how emotion is connected to our behavior and thoughts.
The session will use the Rising Strong process at both the micro and macro levels to increase wholeheartedness in living, loving, and leading. It is an interactive session with a combination of pre-session reading and other learning methods. Using metaphor, story-telling, and experiential exercises you will share in meaningful partner discussions and learn practical tools to incorporate into your life. You will receive your own copy of The Rising Strong inspiring workbook and other rich resources.
- Become familiar with the physics of vulnerability and the ten rules of engagement for rising strong.
- Identify the values that are most important in our life and learn why values clarification is essential to the development of resiliency.
- Explore the critical role emotion plays in behavior change and the connections between emotion, thought and behavior.
- Understand how offloading emotion moves us away from our values and corrodes culture.
- Develop actionable strategies for getting back up after a fall or setback so that we can live, love, and lead with greater courage.
More About Our Presenter:
Laurie Hillis is a Certified Daring Way™ and Rising Strong Facilitator and Consultant (CDWF-C) and an Accredited Coaching Supervisor. Laurie is a former faculty member of The Banff Centre, Leadership Division, where she lead the design and delivery of customized leadership development and performance management programs for over thirteen years. In 2001, she was awarded the Faculty of the Year Award from The Banff Centre. Laurie is currently a senior faculty member at the University of Alberta, in the School of Business, Executive Education, and formerly a faculty member at Royal Roads University, Victoria, teaching and coaching in the Master of Arts in Leadership Program and customized leadership programs.
Thank You Laurie:
ICF Vancouver Island Chapter is grateful to Laurie for the donation of this workshop to our Chapter!
Registration will also include a workbook, light snacks and refreshments.
This course is not a part of the certification process to become a Daring Way™ certified candidate or facilitator. For more information on that certification process visit www.thedaringway.com.
- Victoria Executive Centre – 915 Fort Street. 3rd Floor – Meares Room. Victoria, British Columbia CA – View Map