Taking coaching to the community: a project about learning, connecting and contributing
This year-long project is designed to build relationships with our communities through coaching demonstrations while building and enhancing skills for member-coaches.
For 2017-2018, community relations work will focus on bringing coaching demonstrations into organizations and businesses in communities on Vancouver Island.
The project involves:
- recruiting experienced coaches to learn new skills and deliver coaching demonstrations;
- securing coach facilitators and trainers to provide face-to-face and video learning for coaches in two areas: ‘coaching at the front of the room’, and ‘engaging organizations in the coaching conversation’, and
- enrolling organizations and business in hosting demonstration coaching sessions in their establishments
At the end of the year we’ll evaluate the initiative to discover what worked well and what might need to change.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for facilitators/trainers to provide face-to-face workshops in two areas:
- ONE: how to ‘coach at the front of the room’, and
- TWO: how to ‘engage organizations in the coaching conversation’
These workshops must be interactive and must include opportunities for participants to use and practice the skills they are learning.
*Facilitators need to be available to provide training between May and August 2017.
What’s in this for you?
- 1 free banner ad on ICF Vancouver Island website and Facebook page (event registration is managed by the Events Director through Eventbrite)
- Visibility and exposure to our ICF Vancouver Island chapter
- Opportunity to establish and further develop your presentations/workshops through real-time feedback/input from attendees
Please note we are a non-profit organization and due to a limited budget, we do not pay for speakers or their travel or other costs.
PREPARING YOUR PROPOSAL
Review the ICF Definition of Coaching on the ICF website, which is the WHAT of ICF coaching;
Determine how your presentation/workshop can best address the community relations project objectives.
Please ensure that your presentation/workshop focuses on education and learning rather than promotion or marketing of your business/product.
ICF CCEU’s – please indicate if you have delivered this type of training to other ICF chapters and previously received ICF approved CCEU’s. If your proposal is accepted and you do not have pre-approved CCEU’s we will work with you to initiate a chapter request to ICF Global on your behalf.
Submission Format: – please provide a 200-word summary of your approach and indicate *suggested dates for availability
Attach a JPEG professional photo
Email your completed proposal submission to email@example.com by noon (Pacific) on Wednesday, April 5, 2017.
* We will be reviewing numerous proposals and a consistent format allows us to appropriately review and assess your proposal. Proposals that are submitted in a different format will be returned.
AFTER YOUR PROPOSAL IS RECEIVED
We will acknowledge receipt of your proposal within five business days and will respond with our decision regarding your proposal within 30 days of the closing date for submissions.
Our review will consider the following criteria:
- Presentation meets ICF guidelines for training
- Topic addresses community relations project objectives
- Presenter respects our commitment to minimize self-promotion or product sales
- Educational Value; your approach and content will enable coached to deliver on the project objectives
- Speaker addresses needs of all coach experience levels
After acceptance of your proposal we will send you more specific information pertinent to scheduling your presentation.
Please contact our Director of Community Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for your interest in supporting our ICF Chapter!