Hello everyone – welcome to the beginning of fall and to another busy and final quarter for our Charter Chapter!
It’s been a great summer of sun and relaxation and too quickly, September is upon us. I spent a good part of August reflecting on where we are as a Chapter and what is around the corner, both from a local perspective and on the global front.
Here’s what your leadership team is working on for you, the members:
Exciting Events that are happening…please check the Events page for more information and to register: Events
– September 26 (POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE TBA)- Back to school coaching tools discussion + guest speaker Emma-Louise Elsey
– October 21 through to December 1 – ‘Your Ideal Practice in 60 days or less…’
– October 17, 2015: Meeting with our Up Island ICF Chapter Members
– November 6, 2015: An Update from ICF Global – Breakfast Meeting (in person)
– November 24: How to find your niche (webinar)
– December 08: Holiday Jingle and Mustard Seed food drive (in-person event at the Victoria Executive Centre)
We are also planning two meetings in the community, where we would like our members to have the opportunity to meet and interact with businesses. ICF Global has kindly agreed to fund these two meetings, one in Victoria and one in another of our communities. Stay tuned for more information.
And finally, please mark your calendars for January 28, 2016 for our Annual General Meeting.
Some opportunities for you to become involved:
· Nominating committee: We will be holding elections in the next couple of months and are looking for 2-3 individuals who would be willing to serve on the nominating committee with our Past President, Annette Siewertsen, contact Annette. A separate email will follow on the process and time lines. Please consider serving on this wonderful Leadership team.
· Business Community Planning Committee: As mentioned above, we have the opportunity to plan two meetings in our Charter Chapter geographic area, where our members can meet and greet our businesses and potential clients. If you are interested in serving on this committee, please send me an email here. I’m looking for a small core group as well as a working committee. We will need some volunteers if we are to make these events happen.
A few interesting things I thought I would share with you:
Reciprocal Peer Coaching: Through my ICF membership, I have now participated in three rounds of Reciprocal Peer Coaching. For a small administrative fee ($55 US at this moment), I am assigned a coachee and I also coach another coach, for six sessions, usually from 30-45 minutes long. Each round has a different focus. For example, one I have participated in was about being coached by another PCC. Right now, I am participating in a round that is being recorded, so that I can take my recordings to my own mentor coach, as a tune up to my coaching skills. This service offers me the opportunity to coach someone from a different coaching school from around the world, and I can also be coached by someone from another part of the world (or more closer to home, if you choose). For more information, here is the link.
Changes to the ICF Credentialling Program: For those who are thinking about applying for their ACC or PCC, please note the changes about to occur and plan accordingly. You don’t want to discover that you have not left enough time to apply under the current process, if that serves you best. And, if you need some mentoring hours, ICF Global has a Mentor Coach Registry for you to potentially choose a mentor from.
ICF On Tour: Coaching Beyond Borders: The Europe/Middle East/Africa Region of ICF is holding a mind-boggling event this fall, where 31 countries will participate in raising the profile of coaches. Here is the link to their Facebook page and you are welcome to attend events, if you happen to be travelling in the country that is hosting at the time, or in virtual events.
Chapter Blog: A great way to gain exposure to a wider audience on your thoughts…check out the most recent blogs on our website and think about submitting a blog to our Director of Communications for approval and posting.
And, did you know that you can register for ICF events of other Chapters all around the world? Many are webinars – I’ve participated in events in Vancouver and San Francisco, just to name a couple.
And, I would be remiss not to mark the tragic events in the plight of the refugees in the Middle East. I would welcome a conversation from members on what we can do to support a good cause to help and support the refugees.
I hope to see you at one of our exciting events and the leadership team welcomes your active participation! Think about joining the amazing leadership team for next year!
Lily Seto, President, ICF Vancouver Island Charter Chapter